The advantages of seasoned cast iron cookware from Atelier Berthold Hoffmann are hard to ignore once you have expereinced them.
- Good and even heat distribution
- Works on all heat sources
- Handmade in Germany
- Only natural ingredients, and therefore totally recyclable
- Gets better with use
Please note the following notes on the use of cast iron cooking utensils.
- All products of Atelier Berthold Hoffmann are preseasoned with linseed oil and ready for use
- Rinse the product with water before first use to get rid of possible dust
- The pans can be used on all heat sources, including induction, open fire, and in the oven
- The products withstand high heat and all types of kitchen utensils, including metal
- Always fry with butter or oil in the pan- when the pan is well seasoned it won’t need much fat
- Feel free to serve directly out of Atelier Berthold Hoffmann’s products, but don’t store food in cast iron
- Do not place seasoned cast iron directly on delicate surfaces to avoid stains
- Always wash your pans and stew pots by hand with hot water and without dishsoap. Do not use the dishwasher.
- Dry directly after; drying on a hot stove is suggested.
- For a thourough cleaning of the plan, cover the inside of the pan with course salt. Warm up the pan on high temperature for 1-2 minutes, then dump the salt out and dry out the pan with paper. The product will have a gray appearnce, which means that it is ready to be seasoned again with linseed oil.
- Dry the product and apply a thin layer (a few drops) of linseed oil
- Set the product on high heat on the stove or in the oven
- After 10-15 minutes the oil will be burned in and the product is usable again
- If food remnants burn onto the pan, it can be cleaned with steel wool, and then seasoned with oil again.
- Can products from Atelier Berthold Hoffmann be used right away or do they need to be pre-treated?
- All products from Atelier Berthold Hoffmann are ready for immediate use. No pre-treatment is necessary. A quick rinse in hot water to get rid of possible dust is recommended. All products intended for cooking are seasoned with linseed oil.
- This process gives the products their black color and a natural non-stick protection, free from unpleasant plastic gasses that can be found in some coated pans.
- Can Atelier Berthold Hoffmann’s products be used on induction cooktops?
- The cast iron products are well suited for induction stoves. Induction cook tops work though magnetism, which heats up a magnetic substance of the cast iron. Cast iron pans and pots with thick, lathed and solid iron bottoms are