The advantages of pre-seasoned cast iron cookware from Atelier Berthold Hoffmann are hard to ignore once you have expereinced them.
- Good and even heat distribution
- Works on all heat sources
- Handmade in Germany
- Only natural ingredients, and therefore totally recyclable
- Gets better with use
Please notice the following notes on the use of cast iron cooking utensils.
- All products of Atelier Berthold Hoffmann are preseasoned with linseed oil and ready for use
- Rinse the product with water before first use to get rid of possible dust
- The pans can be used on all heat sources, including induction, open fire, and in the oven
- The products withstand high heat and all types of kitchen utensils, including metal
- Always fry with butter or oil in the pan- when the pan is well seasoned it won’t need much fat
- Feel free to serve directly out of Atelier Berthold Hoffmann’s products, but don’t store food in cast iron
- Do not place seasoned cast iron directly on delicate surfaces to avoid stains
- Always wash your pans and stew pots by hand with hot water and without dishsoap. Do not use the dishwasher.
- Dry directly after; drying on a hot stove is suggested.
- For a thourough cleaning of the plan, cover the inside of the pan with course salt. Warm up the pan on high
- temperature for 1-2 minutes, then dump the salt out and dry out the pan with paper. The product will have a gray
- appearnce, which means that it is ready to be seasoned again with linseed oil.
- Dry the product and apply a thin layer (a few drops) of linseed oil
- Set the product on high heat on the stove or in the oven
- After 10-15 minutes the oil will be burned in and the product is usable again
- If food remnants burn onto the pan, it can be cleaned with steel wool, and then seasoned with oil again.
Can products from Atelier Berthold Hoffmann be used right away or do they need to be pre-treated?
- All products from Atelier Berthold Hoffmann are ready for immediate use. No pre-treatment is necessary. A quick rinse in hot water
- to get rid of possible dust is recommended. All products intended for cooking are seasoned with linseed oil.
- This process gives the products their black color and a natural non-stick protection, free from unpleasant plastic gasses
- that can be found in some coated pans.
Can Atelier Berthold Hoffmann’s products be used on induction cooktops?
- The cast iron products are well suited for induction stoves. Induction cook tops work though magnetism,
- which heats up a magnetic substance of the cast iron. Cast iron pans and pots with thick, lathed and solid iron bottoms are
- superior to thinner pans that cannot take up and distribute heat as well as Atelier Berthold Hoffmann’s cast iron.